Readers, my FOIA case against the State Department has reached its conclusion. The Department has finished producing what it has to produce and has provided a log showing what it has refused to produce and why. Once could challenge its refusals on various grounds, but I think that by and large I did what I set out to do, and in any case the grounds for some of the refusals involve the law of classification of secret information, an area I know little about. So I am not going to pursue such a challenge, but anyone who is interested is welcome to take up the torch.

In the coming days, I will update my main FOIA page to bring the docket up to date, to make sure my index of posts is complete, and to provide links to the Department’s Vaughn index and to an archive of the documents themselves.