I’m Ted Folkman. I am a lawyer at Murphy & King, a law firm in Boston, Massachusetts, with offices in New York City. I’ve been practicing law here in Boston since 2001. I speak and write regularly on issues of US and transnational procedure. My recent publications include:
- Theodore J. Folkman & David L. Evans, The US Judicial Assistance Statute: A Powerful Tool in International Arbitration? 69 Dispute Resol. J. 1 (2014).
- Theodore J. Folkman, Two Modes of Comity, 34 U. Penn. J. Int’l L. 823 (2013).
- Theodore J. Folkman, International Judicial Assistance (MCLE 2012).
- Theodore J. Folkman & David Lee Evans, Choice of Law, in Arbitration of International Intellectual Property Disputes (Juris Publishing 2012).
- Theodore J. Folkman & Penny Gilbert, Using US Pretrial Discovery To Your Advantage, Commercial Dispute Resolution, Dec. 14, 2010.
- Theodore J. Folkman, Choice of Forum When Seeking Prejudgment Injunctive Relief, Mass. Lawyers Weekly, Apr. 12, 2010.
I’m active in the Boston Bar Association, and I am a member of the American Arbitration Association’s national roster of commercial arbitrators. In my spare time I sing with the Metropolitan Chorale of Brookline and volunteer at the Solomon Schechter Day School of Greater Boston.
If you’d like to get in touch with me, please drop me a line!